How to join Lodge Dalkeith Kilwinning No. 10
Freemasonry is the one of the world’s oldest non-religious, non-political, fraternal and charitable organisations. We always welcome new members who live, work or study in the Midlothian area and wish to join and become a Freemason.
The average age of our members in Lodge Dalkeith Kilwinning is 42 years old ranging from 19 to 90 and come from diverse backgrounds covering a broad spectrum of professions, interests, ethnicities and religious beliefs.
No. 10 is the oldest Lodge in the Province of Midlothian.
How do I Become a Freemason and a member of Lodge Dalkeith Kilwinning No. 10?
You might think that to become a Freemason is quite difficult. It’s actually straightforward.
You do not have to be invited.
If you wish to become a Freemason and join Lodge Dalkeith Kilwinning No. 10 then simply contact us.
Our Lodge Secretary, William Ross PM, will be in touch to arrange a meeting with you to:
- Answer any further questions you may have about Freemasonry
- Discuss the procedure of joining the Lodge
- Show you around our Grade II Listed Lodge Room built in 1766 at 129 High Street Dalkeith EH22 1BE.
Why become a Freemason?
Every Freemason has his own reason for joining. For many, Freemasonry acts as a ‘constant’, providing them with a unique combination of friendship, belonging and structure, with many Freemasons saying they have made valuable lifelong friendships. Other reasons include:
- Achievement – progressing through the offices in the Lodge to become Master.
- Extended Masonic Knowledge (through membership of other bodies)
- Brotherhood – making new friends from all walks of life.
- Charity – contribute to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic.
- Education – learning from peers and mentors by practicing and making speeches.
- Knowledge – finding out about the history and mysteries of Freemasonry.
- Self improvement – making a contribution to your family and society.
What benefits will I get out of Freemasonry?
- Meet people from very different walks of life.
- Satisfaction of helping others less fortunate than yourself.
- Self-confidence and ability to learn increase.
Who can join the Lodge and become a Freemason?
- You must be Male and at least 18 years old
- You must Have a Belief in a God – All religions are welcome and respected.
How much does it cost?
You don’t have to be well-off to become a Freemason. It costs less than you may think and is comparable to other social clubs and societies.